Tuesday, March 13, 2007

O.J. Part Deux



Here it is again. A judge ordering an auction to sell O.J.'s supposedly fictional tell-all, "If I Did It." It truly boggles my mind why this isn't... well I was gonna say why this isn't seen as harassment through the judicial system. What is more mind boggling is how I quickly forget things are not as they seem. All things are not equal through the eyes of man or the law and they haven't been. However, the notion of equality for all, under the law, is given so much lip service so often that after hearing it repeatedly I begin to believe it's true. It isn't. It hasn't been. Ever.



When the jury decided to acquit the defendant I thought that was the end it was over. Well at least on television right? Before O.J. and Blake wrongful death suits were filed against manufacturing companies, police departments and usually before any given summer ends a Six Flags or some other theme park. Those were the ones that were all over the newspapers. It is possible these civil suits against individuals acquitted of a crime have been the norm and I've not noticed but it just doesn't feel right. Being neither a fan, friend or foe of O.J. my reaction comes from the "it's the principle" of the matter.





powered by performancing firefox

No comments: